Welcome to the Kingsbridge Institute of Learning
Kingsbridge Institute of Learning works in partnership with a variety of strategic partners and is at the heart of our SCITT providing the opportunity for all of our staff and future teachers to improve their skills, pedagogy and confidence in order to support their own teams as well as supporting other schools.
Our aim is to move towards a self-improving system that takes account of the talent within our schools, teachers and support staff alike. All our strategic partners have a proven track record of excellence in their own schools and excellence in supporting other schools.
At Community First Academy Trust, we want to play our part in developing the next generation of teachers, managers and leaders in our own schools and throughout the school system. The Kingsbridge Institute of Learning brings expertise together to enable children to receive the best possible education within the Trust and beyond.
By working together, the future of education across the region is a bright one.
Chief Executive Officer | National Leader of Education | Executive Headteacher |
Kingsbridge EIP SCITT:
- Trains new teachers through its in-house initial teacher training SCITT 'Kingsbridge'
- Provide lead school partnership opportunities for groups of strong schools wishing to establish schools-direct partnership training
- Supports school improvement
- Develops and supports research that helps grow the profession.
- Develops new, middle and senior leaders to help support the next generation of leaders.
- Provides high quality continuous professional development.
- Supports groups of schools to access government funding on behalf of the system.
- Supporting excellent through school effective resource management.
We work with a range of schools across the North West region to achieve our aims.
Kingsbridge Institute of Learning aims to:
- Improve the quality and impact of leadership, teaching and learning within the schools we work with.
- Train the next generation of outstanding teachers through Kingsbridge Initial Teacher Training.
- Lead peer to peer learning and professional development, by using the designation and deployment of Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE's) and Evidence Leads in Education (ELE's)
- Identify talent within schools and nurture leadership potential.
- Support schools in innovative research projects
- Blackpool Research School
- KIngsbridge EIP SCITT partnership school’s click here
- Wigan and St Helen's Local Authorities
- Generate Teaching School Hub
- Wigan WEP Board
- Start Well Family Centres